A tremendous art wave takes over Hong Kong city and we couldn’t have asked for more. It was an absolute treat for anyone who loves Contemporary art. Here is Art Basel Hong Kong 2018 – In Pictures for you.
What happened at ART BASEL?
The 6th edition of Hong Kong Art Basel took place at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) from March 29 to March 31, 2018. A mind-boggling line-up of prominent galleries and artists transformed the venue into an art ocean.
Highlights from the event:
- Galleries: Art Basel’s 6th edition in Hong Kong featured 248 leading galleries from 32 countries.
- Insights: Presentations with exceptional historical materials and strong thematic exhibitions by 28 galleries were displayed.
- Discoveries: Solo shows by emerging artists were showcased and this year Art Basel featured 25 galleries.
- Kabinett: curated exhibitions in an architecturally delineated space within their booths.
- Encounters: Large-scale art installations by leading artists from around the world were featured.
- Film: Short films and special screening by and about artists were played.
- Conversations: A range of conversations were hosted by Art Basel about the global contemporary art scene. It encouraged dialogue between prominent members of the art world.
- Magazines: Art publications from around the world displayed their magazines in a single magazine stand called the collective booth.
Art Basel Hong Kong 2018 – In Pictures:
More info at Art Basel Website.
About Art Basel: Founded in 1970 by gallerists from Basel, Art Basel today stages the world's premier art shows for Modern and contemporary art. It is hosted in three locations - Basel, Miami and Hong Kong. Defined by its host city and region, each show is unique and reflects in its participating galleries.