The third Belt and Road Summit was held in Hong Kong, jointly organised by HKSAR and HKTDC on 28th June 2018 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. The theme for this year’s summit was “Collaborate for Success”. The summit saw 70 government officials, business leaders and representatives of international organisations from Hong Kong, Chinese mainland and around the world to share their insights. It also served as a platform to explore collaboration opportunities.
Key highlights from the event:
- Over 70 government official from across the world were invited
- Hong Kong and Georgia signed a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) at the summit
- Hong Kong enterprises including the CLP Group and HPA Ltd. signed MoUs with a number of Thai companies during the summit
- A unique milk tea demonstration took place with guests Edward Yau, Vincent HS Lo, Dr.Jonathan KS Choi, Prof. Frederick Ma Si-hang, Andrew Weir, Jason Chiu and Nicholas Ho.
- A luncheon plenary was held with opening remarks by Bi Mingjian and a ministerial dialogue chaired by Mr.Edward Yau Tang-wah.
- Breakout session on various topics such as Green Finance, Deal maker in International Cross-border transactions, Women Entrepreneurship on the BRI, Hong Kong as centre for Risk Management of the BRI projects and Hong Kong’s dispute resolution services
Business one to one pitch meetings and stalls lounge:
Women in Entrepreneurship presented by SCMP:
Mr. Stephen Wong on Green Finance. Read Interview here.
Milk Tea Demonstration Session with the guests:
For more information on the Belt and Road summit, please visit their website.